World

Donald Trump Says He Is Aware Of Undisclosed North Korean Nuclear Sites

Trump said the report concerning North Korea developing missile bases was inaccurate

Recently reports came out revealing satellite pictures of 13 of the suspected 20 hidden nuclear missile development sites in North Korea that remained undeclared by the government. It was expected that the revelation might bring a halt to the ongoing US-North Korea denuclearization talks.

But, the US President Donald Trump has surprised everybody by announcing that he knows all about the undeclared North Korean missile bases revealed by US researchers. In fact, he insisted all was fine. He said The New York Times report concerning North Korea developing missile bases was inaccurate and fake news, reported NDTV.com.

“We fully know about the sites being discussed, nothing new – and nothing happening out of the normal,” Trump wrote on Twitter. “I will be the first to let you know if things go bad!”

As per the findings revealed by the Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS), the undeclared nuclear base sites in question, which also include deep underground tunnels designed to house the weapons, were mostly scattered in the country’s remote mountainous areas, which could be quickly moved to launch strikes.

Notably, at the Singapore summit held back in June this year, both President Trump and North Korean leader Kim Jong Un pledged to work towards denuclearization. But, unfortunately, very less development has been made so far in this regard.

In fact, last week, North Korea’s Foreign Ministry issued a warning that denuclearization talks may be stalled if the US doesn’t change its stance in removing the sanctions. The officials warned that the country might resort to resume its state policy of strengthening its nuclear arsenal if the US doesn’t take necessary steps. The United States is ready to remove the sanctions only after North Korea gives up its nuclear weapons completely, which currently looks far from reality.

The US President and the North Korean leader are now planning to have a second summit soon. Trump on Wednesday said that he expects the meeting to take place sometime early next year.

Caroline Finnegan

A professionnal journalist for the past ten years, I cover global news and economic affairs for The Chief Observer.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Close